Quality Views Addenda
Green Building Team on April 28, 2021
The November Addenda to the LEED v4.1 Building Design and Construction (BD+C) and Interior Design and Construction (ID+C) Rating Systems included several important changes for EQc Quality Views. The options have been simplified to focus on four main requirements:
- 75% of regularly occupied floor area with access to views
- Unobstructed views within 3 times the head height of glazing
- Visible light transmittance (VLT) of at least 40%
- Views of at least one of the following:
- Objects more than 7.5 meters away
- Urban landmarks
The requirements to have multiple lines of sight and view factors were removed, and the Addenda has also clarified the requirements for frits and patterns to better align with projects incorporating bird collision deterrence strategies. Additionally, the list of areas excluded from regularly occupied spaces has been revised to include video conferencing rooms, auditoriums, and gymnasiums.
The simplified requirements focus on elements that are most effective in providing quality views for occupants and allow more projects to achieve the credit.
Prefer to view the video? Click here.
Got 5 minutes? Check out all 10 addenda videos.