Canadians are protected by two federal privacy laws, the Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA is based on the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which is incorporated into the legislation. Organizations in Quebec are subject to the Quebec private sector privacy law. Oversight of the law is in the hands of the Commission d’accès à l’information.
If you have any concerns relating to the privacy or confidentiality of this site, please contact us.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- CAGBCYour use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Canada and Ontario.
Collection and Use of Data
CAGBC does not collect any personal information about visitors to this website other than that which is specifically and knowingly provided by you. That personal information will not be transferred to any third party unless otherwise stated at the time of collection or as required by law.
We collect information, including personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us, or when you use any interactive tools that may be available on this website. We may use your personal information to respond to your questions, to provide you with information that you have specifically requested, or to request additional information. We also collect, use and process information provided directly by you when you engage in any of our activities including, but not limited to:
- when you subscribe to our newsletter;
- when you sign up for and/or attend an event or partake in educational courses relating to a particular area of interest either virtually or in person;
- when you join as a member or become a designated contact and/or an authorized user on one of our membership platforms;
- when you access or purchase products through the CAGBC Online Store or MyCAGBC;
- when you contact our staff or representatives by email, phone or in person; and/or
- when you express an interest in our products, services or activities (such as when attending an event) to one of our staff or representatives.
You provide your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by us when you provide your information to us or use or engage with our products, services and activities and agree to receive relevant electronic communications from us.
You may deny or withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to any legal or contractual requirements. However, if consent is denied or withdrawn, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain products or services.
At any time, you have the right to opt out of receiving future communications. If you would like to request that no further emails be sent to you, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the appropriate link on each communication, by updating your preferences within your MyCAGBC account, , or by sending an email.
CAGBC does collect and maintain statistics relating to the number of visits to the site, dates and pages visited, referring website addresses, types of browsers used and domain name or Internet protocol address of the originator. This information is kept strictly confidential by CAGBC and is used for internal purposes only.
You agree with respect to any information provided to CAGBC through this website that:
- CAGBC has no obligation concerning such information
- The information is non-confidential
- CAGBC may use, disclose, distribute or copy the information and may use any ideas, concepts or know-how contained in the information for any purpose
- The information is truthful and disclosure of the information does not violate the legal rights of others.
Third Party Access to Data
CAGBC will not disclose or sell your personal information to any third party unless it is required to be disclosed by law to the extent reasonably applicable.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information as you transmit your information from your computer to our site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Access to Personal Information is restricted to employees who need such information for a legitimate business purpose and such employees are instructed to abide by CAGBC`s privacy practices.
Links to Other Websites
By submitting a comment or other content, you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) agree to be bound to the terms and conditions of this Social Media Policy.
- While we can not monitor every post, we reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to remove, edit or otherwise modify any content that does not adhere to this Social Media Policy, o/and the applicable platform’s terms and policies.
- Respect for others is expected. Content you submit must not be inappropriate, abusive, or otherwise offensive. This includes content that contains, depicts, or involves profanity, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, or religious groups; content that endorses or condones any illegal, inappropriate, or risky activity or behaviour; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive, all as determined by CAGBC in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Remember the CAGBC website and social channels are public. Do not post or submit any personal information.
- When posting content, respect intellectual property laws. By posting and/or submitting content, you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) represent that you have the right to share the materials in your submitted content, including (but not limited to) trademarks and copyrighted materials.
- Comments or options expressed are those of their respective contributors only. We are not responsible for, and disclaim any liability in relation to, the content posted by contributors.
- In addition to the rights that you grant to CAGBC, and/or pursuant to a social media platform (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) hereby grant to CAGBC and its affiliates, in perpetuity, a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit, or otherwise use your submitted content (in any format or media) and waive all moral rights in and to your submitted content in favour of CAGBC and anyone authorized by CAGBC to reproduce or otherwise use the content submitted. This includes the right to use any ideas you submit (including ideas about products, services, or marketing campaigns) in any manner that we choose, without any obligation to you.
- Any materials deemed to contain advertisements, spam or junk mail content, or references to other websites will be removed in our sole and absolute discretion.
- You (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) hereby agree to release and hold harmless CAGBC, its affiliated companies and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims based on the content you post and or/submit, including (but not limited to) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action.
Please feel free to use the email addresses provided on this website. Please be aware, however, that the Internet is not a fully secure medium and any communication may be lost, intercepted or altered. CAGBC is not liable for any damages related to communications to or from this website.
The CAGBC website uses an Internet tool called a “session” cookie. Cookies are small bits of data that we send to your computer to improve your user experience. We use them to track that you have signed in so that you don’t have to continually enter your username and password as you move around the site. This cookie is removed as soon as you log out or close your browser.
Tracking IP Addresses
All information contained within the Canada Green Building Council’s website, cagbc.org is the property of the Canada Green Building Council. No part of the information on the CAGBC website may be reproduced, stored, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written permission of CAGBC except as stated below:
CAGBC grants permission to individuals to download or print information from our site for non-commercial purposes only. Any persona may reproduce short excerpts from CAGBC’s reports and publications, provided that the source and authors of the material are fully acknowledged. As a courtesy, the consent of the authors of such material should be obtained.
For other kinds of copying, such as copying for general distribution, for advertising, or promotional purposes, or for resale, arrangements must be made by contacting CAGBC via email.