Call for Board of Directors 2024
Call for applications to serve on CAGBC’s Board of Directors is now open
The Nomination Committee of the Canada Green Building Council (CAGBC) is responsible for preparing a slate of candidates for the election to the Board of Directors. This year, the Nomination Committee is accepting candidate applications to four (4) seats from the following building industry sectors:
- Commercial Real Estate Owners & Developers: Organizations with vested financial interest in buildings as owners or developers. (1 seat)
- Real Estate Managers and Tenants: Organizations with vested financial interest in the management and operations of buildings or as tenants. (1 seat)
- Product Manufacturers, Suppliers and Retail: Organizations in the business of designing, manufacturing and supplying products and materials for the design, construction and operation of buildings and homes. (1 seat)
- At Large: Organizations with vested interest in supporting a sustainable, zero carbon built environment. (1 seat)
CAGBC is governed by a Board of Directors whose members represent key building industry sectors across the country. The Council relies on the time, commitment and passion of volunteer Board members to help advance its strategic priorities in Canada. The Nomination Committee ensures that the slate of candidates meets eligibility requirements, competencies and criteria to ensure that CAGBC is well governed and effective. CAGBC’s strength is its members and stakeholders, and their passion for sustainability. We are committed to Board diversity and inclusion and encourage qualified professionals from all backgrounds to apply.
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please review the following documents:
- 2024 Nominations Package – includes information about the nominations and election process, timeline and nominating criteria.
- Online Statement of Qualification and Interest Form – standard application form for candidates to detail their background, skills and abilities.
Experienced leaders meeting the nominating criteria are encouraged to submit their application by February 29, 2024 (11:59 pm, Pacific Standard Time) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be employees or representatives of CAGBC member organizations in good standing at the time of nomination.
Voting will run from March 25, 2024 to April 26, 2024. Please note that the Nomination Committee may acclaim seats or include more than one candidate for each seat in the slate. All candidates will be contacted in March regarding the status of their submission. For any questions, please email us at email@example.com.