The Canada Green Building Council (CAGBC) is a not-for profit organization supporting the building sector with practical solutions to accelerate climate action. Through market engagement, training, advocacy and trusted building certification programs like LEED and the Zero Carbon Building Standards. CAGBC provides the expertise Canada’s building sector needs to understand the value of green buildings.
Our members are critical to transforming Canada’s buildings, reducing emissions, and ultimately, contributing to Canada’s climate targets. The CAGBC Market Engagement Team plays a key role in supporting this journey and is a conduit to connect Canada’s building and real estate sectors. We mobilize members and other stakeholders by creating opportunities for them to connect, share knowledge, learn and contribute to the future of green building.
As a key member of the Market Engagement Team, the Program Advisor will contribute to the strategic execution and delivery of an integrated portfolio of member engagement initiatives, learning offerings and events, including CAGBC’s annual signature conference, Building Lasting Change. You are an energetic, creative and dynamic individual who can leverage your existing skills to help grow the impact of CAGBC’s market engagement efforts with member audiences and prospective users of its learning offerings in alignment with broader departmental and corporate strategies.
Leading a group of self-motivated and highly skilled individuals, the Program Advisor will guide the creation and implementation of programming from initial concept through execution, monitoring and evaluation. This role involves working collaboratively with the entire Market Engagement Team, other departments and levels within the organization as well as with external subject matter experts.
Program Content Development
- Lead and co-ordinate subject matters experts in the development and delivery of compelling content for CAGBC events, webinars, podcasts and other programming as identified.
- Collaborate with other CAGBC departments and coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts to identify key themes, topics and initiatives to create engaging and relevant content for CAGBC audiences.
- Assemble, manage, and lead programming committees.
Event and Conference Delivery
- Create compelling event delivery strategies to capture audience attention and participation while delivering first class programming.
- Supervise and provide overall guidance to event and service delivery coordinators and external event delivery consultants including participating in the RFP process for vendor selection and contracting.
- Create and maintain a fluid and dynamic delivery strategy and schedule that aligns with CAGBC’s strategic plan.
- Assist in creating innovative sponsorship offerings and oversee the execution of sponsor deliverables.
Learning and Development Delivery
- Oversee the execution of the CAGBC Learning and Development go-to-market strategy and work with staff to identify new ways to deliver learning programs and services.
- Supervise and provide input to the Learning and Development Coordinator in the implementation of CAGBC’s learning roadmap and the development and execution of learning programs.
- Work with the Corporate Communications and Marketing team to develop and deliver promotional campaigns that drive awareness and impact.
- Monitor programming, event and learning budgets, conduct after-event reviews and produce monthly and quarterly KPI reports.
- Oversee the Market Engagement team library of Standard Operating Practices and Procedures for events and programming to ensure they are up to date with best practices and relevant information.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor.
NOTE: This job description highlights the general nature and level of the assignments required by this position. This is not a completely exhaustive list of duties; additional related duties may be assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or Post-secondary Diploma (3 year) in a related area.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience, including experience leading teams; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the building industry preferred (Real Estate, Construction, Consultancy, Manufacturing, Engineering, Architecture).
- Strong event strategy skills (in-person, hybrid and online deliveries) and demonstrated success in bringing programs and initiatives to market. A marketing background is a definite asset.
- Ability to conduct market research and assess the needs of multiple audience segments
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to support timely workflows, including the ability to multi-task and manage numerous concurrent projects and conflicting priorities while ensuring a high quality of execution and performance.
- Polished communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, PowerPoint, Zoom and other online delivery platforms including translation software. Prior experience with CRM systems is beneficial.
- Fluency in both English and French is preferred.
- Strategic thinker and agile problem solver who is able to work with a diverse group of stakeholders, anticipating needs and issues in advance.
- Good judgement and relationship-building skills and fully capable of working in a team-oriented, hybrid or remote environment.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
- Capacity to complete tasks in a self-directed manner.
- Embraces continuous improvement and a perpetual learning path.
- Familiarity with green building programs and/or industry, an interest in and commitment to the environment and climate action.