CaGBC presents “Accelerating to Zero,” a series of events and education sessions that explore the policies, programs and innovations needed to achieve zero carbon buildings. Canada has ambitious goals to reduce the country’s carbon footprint. The path forward needs to be flexible to ensure that every building type is accommodated.
CaGBC has developed a series of events that will educate, inform and inspire individuals in the green building industry and help them leverage new opportunities presented by the low carbon economy. Participants will benefit from content addressing:
- Findings from CaGBC’s new “Zero Carbon Buildings Costing Study,” which outlines the business case for zero carbon in different building types across Canada.
- Updates on CaGBC’s zero carbon pilot program.
- Discussions on the policies, programs and ideas needed to encourage zero carbon development.
- Highlights from international zero carbon projects and learnings from recent zero carbon certifications.
- Strategies for reducing embodied carbon.
- Networking opportunities with government and industry.