Outreach and Engagement Coordinator – Quebec & Atlantic
We are looking for someone in the Montreal area with knowledge of the building sector. As part of the CAGBC Client Experience Team, the Outreach and Engagement Coordinator executes national and regional engagement initiatives; plays a key role in delivering member and sponsor value; and acts as an ambassador for membership in CAGBC.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to your salary, we’ll provide the following:
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.
- Registered Pension Plan with employer matching. Flex days and PTO because we value work/life balance.
- Networking: you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry that are helping CAGBC Build Our Way Forward.
- Location: work with a dedicated national team in highly accessible office locations in Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver.
For questions or to submit your résumé, email CAGBC Recruitment. CAGBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part the selection process.
- Build and maintain relationships in the region and across the country with CAGBC members, sponsors, stakeholders, clients, contributors and supporters.
- Lead and support CAGBC industry groups and forums in line with CAGBC’s strategic objectives and annual workplans.
- Engage with members to keep them informed of opportunities to participate in CAGBC’s activities and initiatives.
- Actively contribute to and assist the Events Team in the delivery of events and other programming activities (online and in person).
- Serve as an ambassador of CAGBC and participate in external committees and events as directed.
Recruitment and Retention
- Support and lead member recruitment and retention initiatives including identifying and closing leads, developing proposals and maintaining prospect pipelines.
- Support and lead business development initiatives, including identifying/securing corporate and event sponsorships and contributing to proposals.
- Work with the broader Client Experience Team to identify and deliver new value-added member service opportunities.
- Serve as a main point of contact for member requests, service issues and feedback.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
NOTE: This job description highlights the general nature and level of the assignments required by this position. This is not a completely exhaustive list of duties; additional related duties may be assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or post-secondary diploma in environmental sustainability, or related field.
- 3-5 years of progressive business development, market development or member and stakeholder engagement experience.
- Experience working in green building or the building sector is a must.
- Flexibility in work scheduling and the ability to travel from time to time.
- Strong networking skills and knowledge of the Quebec Building Prior knowledge or experience with Atlantic Canada building markets an asset.
- Fluency in French as a first language. Proficiency in English (verbal and written) required to communicate with national teams.
- Demonstrated polished and professional verbal, interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience with building relationships with diverse Member- based not-for-profit experience desirable.
- Strong administration and customer service
- Strong computer skills including: Office 365 and database Prior experience with CRM systems is beneficial.
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Good judgement, networking and relationship-building skills, and a team player fully capable of working in a team-oriented environment.
- Interest in and appreciation for environmental issues and climate change action.
To apply, please forward a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com , outlining how your skills make you an excellent candidate for this role, as well as your salary expectations.
CAGBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.