The Canada Green Building Council is seeking Program Committee Members to help shape and assemble the critical content of Building Lasting Change 2019 which will be hosted in Vancouver, BC from May 28 to 30.
The education at our annual event is geared at the intermediate practitioner and thought to be the most current and relevant green building content in Canada. It’s our hand-picked and highly-qualified Program Committee that helps us select the most informative sessions from presenters who best reflect the diversity and expertise of Canada’s green building industry.
We seek no fewer than 20 individuals from public, private, not-for-profit organizations and the academic sector who represent a wide range of technical and professional experience. If you are thoughtfully-opinionated, and passionate about the future of green building in Canada we invite you to apply to be part of this distinguished team.
In addition, we reserve two seats on the program committee for next generation, green building industry leaders who are new to the industry, recent grads or current students. These individuals will be chosen because they demonstrate leadership potential and can positively impact our program with fresh ideas, creative approaches, passion and enthusiasm.
Applications to become a member of the Program Committee will be accepted until October 12, 2018. All applicants will be contacted by November 1, 2018. The committee will be complete by December 1, 2018.
- Applicants must be a CaGBC Member (National or Chapter)
- Applicants interested in securing one of the two next generation leader seats must be an Emerging Green Professional (EGP) Member
- Applicants must be able to make the majority of the scheduled conference calls from December 2018 to April 2019; approximately four hours per month
- Applicants must be able to dedicate time to reviewing their allotted submissions; approximately five hours total of review time required
- Applicants must be willing to learn and use Fluid Review’s online platform for reviewing and scoring their given submissions
- Applicants must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to commencing the review process
- Applicants can apply to be on the committee annually however, preference will be given to new applicants who possess the qualifications and expertise that best suit the conference’s theme and areas of focus
- Applicants must wait a minimum of one year before applying if they were paid CaGBC staff.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 12, 2018.