Call for Volunteers for CaGBC
Zero Carbon Steering Committee
The Zero Carbon Building Program is Canada’s flagship initiative for deep carbon reductions in the real estate sector. This first-of-its- kind program allows for the broadest possible range of creative market solutions by making carbon the key metric for building performance.
With Canada’s 2030 GHG reduction targets looming, the timing of this initiative could not be more critical. Are you interested in moving the industry forward by helping set the direction of this groundbreaking program? The CaGBC is now accepting applications for the Zero Carbon Steering Committee (ZCSC).
ZCSC is the senior CaGBC committee providing policy, technical and market oversight of the Zero Carbon Building program in Canada. This Committee is responsible for the development and application of the Zero Carbon Building Standard, as well as associated tools and guidance. The committee is also responsible for integration between the Zero Carbon Building Program and other programs the CaGBC supports.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, July 17, at noon ET. Interested parties should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate “Zero Carbon Steering Committee Application” in the subject line. Please include:
- a cover letter stating your area of interest and specifying how your skill set matches those outlined herein;
- curriculum vitae; and,
- if appropriate, a list of relevant project experience and the role played on these projects.
- One-hour conference calls, held every month.
- Additional one hour of preparation time per meeting to review documentation.
- Requirement to attend two-thirds of meetings.
- Must be from CaGBC member organizations at the “Green Building Specialist” level; the ability to participate on committees and affect the direction of the Council is a benefit of membership.
All committee members will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement to protect the confidential information of the CaGBC, Zero Carbon Building project teams, and others.
Please note that the Zero Carbon Steering Committee operates in English.
ZCSC applicants will be assessed on their knowledge and experience of:
- Green building practices including design, construction and operation;
- Carbon emissions issues including carbon accounting and regulatory/policy frameworks;
- The Zero Carbon Building Standard; and,
- The development and application of green rating systems.
ZCSC applicants must also demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills. They should have a proven ability to collaborate with a creative multidisciplinary team of national experts, building consensus and reaching desired outcomes in an agreed-upon timeframe.
Appointments to the ZCSC will be made in order to achieve a diversity of relevant experience, professional perspectives, market and geographical representation, and gender balance.
Note that in order that the ZCSC remains unbiased, representatives from product manufacturers and trade associations cannot be appointed to the ZCSC.