Published on 1 Feb 2018, Written by Nicholas Firmand, Posted in LEED
Interested in becoming a LEED Fellow, or know someone else who would be a great candidate? USGBC's call for nominations of qualified applicants is now open for the 2018 class of LEED Fellows.
- Access an overview of the mastery elements and general program policies in the LEED Fellow Handbook.
- Attend an introductory webinar to gain valuable information for both returning and new nominees.
- Europe: Mon., February 12, 9–10 a.m. Eastern U.S. Time
- Latin America: Mon., February 12, 2–3 p.m. Eastern U.S. Time
- India and Middle East: Tues., February 13, 9:30–10:30 a.m. Eastern U.S. Time
- U.S. and Canada: Tues., February 13, 2–3 p.m. Eastern U.S. Time
- China: Tues., February 13, 9–10 p.m. Eastern U.S. Time
To be selected, nominees must show at least 10 years of exemplary impact with LEED in each of their selected mastery elements.
To be eligible to submit an application, nominees must
- Be able to demonstrate 10 years of exceptional impacts in each of their selected mastery element and demonstrate significant contributions to LEED.
- Be a LEED AP with specialty credential in good standing.
- Have held a LEED professional credential for eight years.
Nominators must have
- A LEED AP with specialty credential in good standing.
- 10 years of professional LEED experience.
In addition, nominees will need to compile a team of endorsers to write statements attesting to the nominee’s exceptional impact in key areas.
- LEED Project Experience Statement Writer: One person must write about the nominee’s role and contributions on their most exceptional LEED project.
- Four additional endorsers to write about the nominee’s exceptional impact.
- One endorser for the Technical Proficiency mastery element (mandatory for all nominees).
- Three additional endorsers to write about the nominee’s exceptional impact in three of the remaining four mastery elements: Leadership, Commitment and Service, Advocacy and Education and Mentoring
- February 1–April 2: Nomination Period—Nominees must submit completed application packets by 8 a.m. EDT on Mon., April 2 (no exceptions).
- February 12–13: Introductory Webinars
Nominees will submit all application materials, including the nominator’s recommendation and CV, their own personal statement and CV and all endorsements, through the LEED Fellow portal, which can be accessed through the nominee’s usgbc.org credentials account.
Have a question? Please email us. We look forward to receiving your application.