CaGBC marketing support
The CaGBC Marketing team is here to support you and can help in a variety of ways, including:
- A quote from the CaGBC for your news release, and a fact-check, if desired (five business days turnaround time is required).
- A Zero Carbon Building and CaGBC backgrounder for the media kit.
- The opportunity to profile your project on the CaGBC Zero Carbon Building webpages and in social media. This may include:
- a newsletter profile (audience of over 10,000);
- a case study;
- social media graphics and mentions; and,
- the use of your project’s name and images in future promotional materials (if desired and with permission).
- Potential to help connect your project with a media contact for an article or broadcast piece (subject to availability).
For additional questions on promotional material or request any of these items, please contact CaGBC Marketing.
Referring to a certified project in promotional materials
As is referenced in the official Zero Carbon Building Brand Guidelines, your certified project can now be referred to as "Zero Carbon Building™ – Performance certified". A certified ZCB-Performance project can also utilize the ZCB certification logo. Please note that ZCB-Performance certification is recognized annually, based on the most recent 12-month period of operations; therefore, the project can only be referred to as ZCB-Performance for one year at a time.
Do’s and Don’ts when referring to a ZCB certified project
Due to the nature of ZCB certification, it is easy to improperly explain or refer to certified projects. Listed below are a few examples of common mistakes made when communicating a ZCB-certified project.
- Do not refer to a ZCB-Design project as anything other than this. It cannot be referred to as a ZCB-Performance certification as it has not met the required criteria yet.
- It is important to remember that ZCB-Performance certification is awarded annually. This means that you must refer to the year of operations for which certification was earned in all messaging and cannot communicate that the project is certified outside of that year, unless performance in those years was also certified.
- Do not refer to the project as 'Zero Carbon accredited'. Accreditation is a designation that a professional earns; projects earn certification.
- Zero Carbon Building™ certification is not an award; it is a certification that is achieved.
Other promotional tips
Each project has interesting features or goals that make it unique. It is always a good idea to speak to the members of the project team to find out what makes your project stand out. Things to keep in mind are:
- What carbon emissions is your project saving compared to a traditional building?
- Why did you decide to pursue zero carbon emissions for your project? What value does this provide to you – monetarily and otherwise?
- Why did this project want to earn Zero Carbon Building certification and how does this benefit it?
- There are new and innovative low carbon technologies being developed and implemented all the time; maybe your project has one or more of these exciting new technologies.
- Don’t be afraid to refer to your project’s certification as a demonstration of industry leadership. This program is the first of its kind in Canada and you are among an elite group.
For additional questions about promoting your project, please feel free to contact CaGBC Marketing at any time. For additional, more detailed information about branding, please refer to the Zero Carbon Building™ Brand Guidelines.
Back to top »