Date: March 12, 2020
Duration: 4 Hours
Time: 8:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. EST Sign-in begins at 7:30 A.M.
Location: Toronto Region Board of Trade. 77 Adelaide St West, ON M5X 1C1
For this critical decade of climate action Canada must work collectively to lower carbon emissions in order to meet the country’s global commitments. The building industry is responsible for 17 per cent of all GHG emissions – but that number can be as high as 30 per cent if one accounts for embodied carbon from construction materials and processes.
The event will explore how the industry embeds embodied carbon into the design process. The morning with feature a presentation of the newly launched version two of Zero Carbon Building Standard which introduces greater flexibility to support the goal of transforming all buildings to zero carbon while ensuring higher performance by raising the bar on key metrics, including embodied carbon, energy efficiency, and innovation.
The 3.5-hour event will include educational presentations, an interactive moderated panel and networking opportunities.
• Syed Abid, Commercial Sales Manager, Mitsubishi Electric Sales Canada
• Scott Armstrong, Project Principal - Building Sciences, WSP
• Adam Auer, Vice President, Environment & Sustainability, Cement Association of Canada
• Annie Bevan, Global Head of Sustainability, Superior Essex
• Fin MacDonald, Manager, Zero Carbon Building Program, CaGBC
• Brent Trenga, Director of Sustainability, Kingspan Insulated Panels
About the Innovation Series
The Innovation Series encourages education and dialogue around leading-edge solutions to the green building industry’s biggest challenges in creating high-performing and resilient buildings, communities, and cities of the future. The content is aimed at green building leaders who are interested in taking advantage of the many opportunities created by the emerging low-carbon economy.