The WELL Building Standard
DATE: September 18th, 2019
DURATION: HALF DAY
TIME: 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. EST Sign-in begins at 8:30 A.M.
LOCATION: Evergreen Brick Works, Blake Room
This half-day introductory workshop will introduce broad audiences to the WELL Building Standard, including its key processes. The organization and development of the WELL Building Standard is presented in the context of the healthy buildings movement. Key public health research is discussed to provide the basis for the seven WELL Concepts, and some research on the value of WELL is discussed in conclusion. The process for developing Alternative Adherence Paths are discussed in the context of a scenario, as well as procedures for seeking equivalencies, using Crosswalks, and developing innovations.
1. Explain the intent of each WELL Concept and identify key public health issues that underpin them
2. Summarize the five step process to develop an alternative adherence path
3. Outline how to access and use Crosswalks
WELL Feature Specific
4. List the five concerns that must be addressed by the narrative developed for Part 4. Material Selection and Protection of Feature 12. Moisture Management
5. Summarize the documentation requirements for Feature 53. Visual Lighting Design
6. List the maximum noise criteria (NC) levels for all spaces to meet requirements of Feature 75. Internally Generated Noise
Early Bird Pricing
EGPs and students are eligible to receive 30% off registration costs for this workshop. If you are a student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of student status to receive this special rate.
*Early bird pricing for this workshop ends two weeks before the workshop, on September 4th, 2019.
**This is a Toronto chapter event open to the public and providing special member pricing to its Chapter members. If you are an employee of a national member company, please sign in to www.cagbc.org and join the Chapter for free, to become eligible for member pricing. If your company is not a national member, you can join the Chapter as an individual, or encourage your company to become a national member.
Please arrive at 8:30 AM to sign-in to this event.
This course will be delivered by Sandra Dedesko, Sustainability Consultant, RWDI.
For questions regarding this event please contact Paul at email@example.com
About the Chapter
Hosted by the CaGBC Greater Toronto Chapter.
The CaGBC Greater Toronto Chapter seeks to lead and accelerate the transformation to high-performing healthy green buildings, homes and communities throughout the Greater Toronto Area.