DURATION: 4 hours
TIME: 1:30 - 5:30 P.M. MDT Sign-in begins at 1:00 P.M.
LOCATION: Edmonton Construction Association
This half-day introductory workshop will introduce broad audiences to the WELL Building Standard, including its key processes. The organization and development of the WELL Building Standard is presented in the context of the healthy buildings movement. Key public health research is discussed to provide the basis for the seven WELL Concepts, and some research on the value of WELL is discussed in conclusion. The process for developing Alternative Adherence Paths are discussed in the context of a scenario, as well as procedures for seeking equivalencies, using Crosswalks, and developing innovations.
1. Explain the intent of each WELL Concept and identify key public health issues that underpin them
2. Summarize the five-step process to develop an alternative adherence path
3. Outline how to access and use Crosswalks
WELL Feature Specific
4. List the five concerns that must be addressed by the narrative developed for Part 4. Material Selection and Protection of Feature 12. Moisture Management
5. Summarize the documentation requirements for Feature 53. Visual Lighting Design
6. List the maximum noise criteria (NC) levels for all spaces to meet requirements of Feature 75. Internally Generated Noise