Post-Secondary Summit: Advancing Green Building on Campus
DURATION: 7.5 hours
TIME: 9:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. EST Sign-in begins as 8:30 A.M.
LOCATION: Mohawk College – Joyce Center for Partnership & Innovation
Ontario’s post-secondary institutions are leading the way in green building design excellence, and in demonstrating how green building projects can serve as catalysts to spur academic research, curriculum development and job opportunities for students. This Post-Secondary Summit will highlight green building excellence at Ontario universities and colleges through:
- Case-studies of green building or campus-scale projects by Ontario post-secondary institutions with a focus on sustainability strategies and project execution.
- Examples of how colleges and universities are leveraging their green building or campus projects to support education curriculum, skills training or research.
- Interactive opportunities for attendees to address challenges and opportunities related to on-campus green building project and program development.
The intended audience for this event is on-campus facilities operations and sustainability program staff, educators and institutional leaders, architects, engineers, public sector employees, students, and technology manufacturers.
- Aman Hehar, Energy Manager, Humber College
The Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
- Veronica Madonna, Principal, Moriyama + Teshima
The Arbour at George Brown College
- Natasha Arsenijevich, National Manager, Business and Strategy Development, Sustainability & Energy, WSP
Centennial College & University of Toronto Scarborough
- Tom Davis, Professor, School of Building Technology, Fanshawe College
Low-Carbon Learning Communities
- Meaghan Kahnert, Senior Consultant, Energy & Sustainability, Arup
Early Bird Pricing
Early bird rate ends on May 30th 2019.
Students and EGPs are eligible to receive 30% off registration. If you are a student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of student status to register with this special rate.
*This is a Greater Toronto Chapter event open to the public and providing special member pricing to its Chapter members. If you are an employee of a national member company, please sign in to www.cagbc.org and join the Chapter for free, to become eligible for member pricing. If your company is not a national member, you can join the Chapter as an individual, or encourage your company to become a national member.
Please arrive at 8:30 A.M. to sign-in to this event.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
For questions regarding this event please contact Paul at email@example.com
About the Chapter
Hosted by the CaGBC Greater Toronto Chapter.
The CaGBC Greater Toronto Chapter seeks to lead and accelerate the transformation to high-performing healthy green buildings, homes and communities throughout the Greater Toronto Area.