We have lots of ways for you to get involved in your local green building movement. Start today by joining the chapter, starting a campus club, sitting on one of our advisory groups, volunteering with the Chapter or simply attending an event. We look forward to working with you!
To learn more about any of the opportunities below please contact Kim Bouffard email@example.com subject line: OTT Volunteer
Becoming a member
In addition to the numerous benefits associated with membership such as discounts on education and events and access to Canada's largest network of green building professionals, your membership also support our local advocacy work and the development and deployment of green building education.
Joining the Ottawa Region Chapter is easy!
- If you are a current Chapter member and an employee of a CaGBC national member company your membership will automatically renew at the end of your term for FREE.
- If you are an employee of a CaGBC national member company, please make sure your CaGBC profile is linked to your employer to activate your free membership.
- If you are not an employee of a national member company you can join for $100 per year. Emerging Green Professionals can join for just $35.
For full details about the CaGBC’s new integrated membership structure and to join the Ottawa chapter, click here.
Membership with the Chapter is for individuals only. Companies wishing to join as a Green Building Specialist or Advocate member of the CaGBC should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer to Frequently Asked Questions here.
Sponsorship is at the heart of everything we do at the Ottawa Chapter and it has been since we started. We are driven by our mission to build trust and opportunity and we have ambitious goals that can only be achieved by working with others. Contact Kim Bouffard to become a sponsor. Click here to view the 2017 Sponsorship Prospectus: Ottawa Chapter
Volunteer Opportunities in 2017-2018
CaGBC Campus Groups
We are looking for student representative at the University of Ottawa and Algonquin College.
Annual Green Building Showcase
- Nomination & Selection Committee (2 out of 5 positions left) The role of this committee will be to help solicit and review applications for the chapter awards and select the winners. Anticipated time commitment is 2 hours per week from Oct-Nov
- Communications & Research Coordinator (Filled) Supporting the chapter through the collection of stories for monthly membership spotlights, conduct community research and support grant writing. Anticipated time commitment is 5 hours per month for 12 months.
Community Legacy Event
- We are looking for experienced green building professionals to participate in our design charrette in November. More details about the project can be found here