We connect the next generation of green building industry leaders with those at the helm today. Opportunities are happening all across the country, throughout the year.
- EGP Mentor Webinars - Learn the secrets of a successful green building career in these quarterly webinars. Hear how you can start making a difference in the sustainability field and gain valuable, real-life insights from a fellow professional. Free for EGP members and $5 for non-members.
- Internship Opportunities - LEED Strategic Practices Program graduates gain real-life
project experience. Top performers can earn a posting within a consulting firm or within the CaGBC’s
- The Mentor Lounge - EGPs have the chance to meet with Industry Experts and find out how they got their start in green building during our annual national conference Building Lasting Change.
- Private LinkedIn Group - Successful completion of the LSP Program earns graduates a spot in the LSP Alumni Community Hub where members get access to inside info and mentors on demand.
- EGP Innovation Challenge: The third year's a charm! Started in 2017, the Innovation Challenge becomes a key part of the education program at Building Lasting Change 2019 in Vancouver. There’s a spot for you on the stage. Test your concept, tame your fears and share your most innovative green vision at the country’s largest gathering of green building industry professionals. Each presenter will receive feedback from subject matter experts. Call for nominations will open in October. Plan to participate in the new and improved program at the conference.
Find out what is happening in your local Chapter.
We are looking for mentors!
Make a lasting impression on the future leaders of green building in Canada. Become a CaGBC mentor to share your expertise, passion and understanding of this growing industry with an Emerging Green Professional. They want what you have.
Join our growing list of respected mentors. Opportunities include: EGP Jurors, Mentor Lounge Guest Speakers, Webinar Presenters, Community Hub Post Contributors and more.
Our growing list of generous mentors includes:
Craig Applegath, Founding Principal, DIALOG
Anika de la Flor, Sustainability Manager, QuadReal Property Group
Sascha Jansz, PhD researcher at the University of Groningen
Jamie McKay, Principal, Building Sustainability and Envelope Commissioning Specialist, Morrison Hershfield
Joanne Perdue, Chief Sustainability Officer, University of Calgary
Irena Stankovic, Environmental Outreach Manager, Enterprise Real Estate, TD Bank Group
Jim Lord, Principal, ECOVERT | Sustainability Consultants
Raul Dominguez, Principal, Mechanical Engineer at DIALOG
Thomas Green, Manager, Residential Programs, CaGBC
Marlee Kohn, Manager, Sustainability, Oxford Properties Group
Jordan Willet, Intern Architect, Solterre Design
Fin MacDonald, Manager, Zero Carbon Building Program, CaGBC
Alex Blue, Principal and Building Energy Specialist, Morrison Hershfield
I would be a great mentor, how can I help?