Corporate Member Benefits
Being a corporate member of the CaGBC entitles you to a full range of benefits which apply to all of your full-time employees – whether you are a small firm, a sole proprietorship or a multinational corporation. These many benefits include:
New! Discounted services from CaGBC Partners
NEW! Save 10 per cent off EPD registrations with CSA Group - CSA Group is pleased to provide all CaGBC national members with a 10 per cent discount off the registration of Environmental Product Declarations through their EPD Program. Simply visit the CSA EPD Program page and follow the registration process. Details here.
Collaborate quickly and efficiently with CISCO and ET Group video
technology - CaGBC members can see how the Canadian Video Collaboration Network helps reduce travel expenses, increase productivity and improve employee collaboration with a FREE one month trial. Details here. Watch this webinar with special guests HOK and Earth Rangers.
Digital Marketing Services with Real Magnet - CaGBC members are eligible to receive a 20% discount off competitive rates for email provider services through Real Magnet. Details here.
Grow your online presence with iOPW - CaGBC members are eligible to receive a FREE Online Ranking Report (value $100), which shows how many potential customers are looking for your business, and how many you are actually reaching online. Details here.
Carbon Offsetting with Offsetters - CaGBC members are eligible to receive either 1 free two-hour GHG Consulting Session for Beginners or 1 two-hour GHG Consulting Session to improve existing Carbon Reporting. Details here.
- NEW! The CaGBC commissioned a research report from McGraw Hill Construction that examined the current and projected growth, drivers and obstacles, and impact on tenants and occupants. The report titled Canada Green Building Trends: Benefits Driving the New and Retrofit Market, is the first of its kind in Canada. As a national CaGBC member, you will also have EXCLUSIVE access to a smaller tenant report based on a survey of a select group of Canadian companies that lease or rent space in a commercial office space
and their tenants. This report looks at the value they place on specific green building features and practices and how green building impacts overall employee health and productivity, and general sense of corporate responsibility.
- Voting rights for LEED® balloting. Be part of industry decision making and have your say in the direction of LEED and green building in Canada by participating in the approval of new rating systems.
- Take a leadership role. The CaGBC National Board steers the direction of the council and the industry. Members have the opportunity to run for election to be a part of CaGBC’s national board, as well as nominating and electing other Board members.
- Participation in CaGBC committees and advisory groups. Take the opportunity to help shape the development and interpretation of Canadian rating systems, and new green building education and product offerings. Do this by volunteering for one of our many committees and advisory groups including technical advisory groups and steering committees focused on LEED Canada, the National Conference, programming and education.
- Shape CaGBC National Conference and Exposition. Our yearly conference is the key industry event where the Canadian green building community comes together for education, networking and commerce. As a CaGBC member, take advantage of the chance to shape the educational content of our yearly conference by application for the program committee and participation in a call for papers.
- Stay up-to-date on industry news and education. As a member, you will receive our monthly eNewsletter which features industry partner news, CaGBC updates, LEED information, and more. It's also an opportunity for members to build awareness by including your company's green building news in the newsletter. As an additional benefit, you will also receive a separate Education eNewsletter which outlines the latest CaGBC education offerings. Lastly, CaGBC members receive a complimentary subscription to SAB Magazine, a leading trade and industry publication.
Recognition and Reach
- Exclusive use of CaGBC’s member logo. As the largest and longest-serving green building organization in Canada, the CaGBC brand resonates with our industry. As a member you can leverage the CaGBC brand through the use of our logo on all your promotional material, including websites, publications, business cards, and advertisements. (Please note that CaGBC does not endorse products).
- Know your industry. Our membership mirrors the diversity of our industry. It ranges from architects, engineers and design firms, to manufacturers, associations, developers, builders and governments from across Canada. CaGBC membership includes access to our full list, searchable by province and category.
- National and international exposure through the Canada Builds Green Directory - members receive a free basic listing in CaGBC's comprehensive online listing of Canada's foremost companies and organizations that provide green building products and services. Residing on the CaGBC website, the directory will give your organization exposure to potential customers, clients, partners, and distributors around the world. Download the Canada Builds Green flyer here
Key to CaGBC’s mission to accelerate green building in Canada is encouraging members of the industry to not only stay informed and educated about the present, but act as the key innovators and thought leaders of tomorrow’s sustainable world. In order to make this process easier, CaGBC corporate members benefit from a number of discounts and savings, including:
- Discounts on LEED Canada project registrations and certifications;
- Discounted delegate registration and exhibitor rates to annual CaGBC conference;
- Discounts on all CaGBC education programs (including the continuing education necessary for LEED APs);
- Discounts on LEED Accreditation process through GBCI;
- Discounts on LEED reference guides; and
- Free access to online LEED documents, case studies and project list.