Each year the CaGBC recognizes individuals and organizations who have made a significant contribution to the CaGBC's mission and goals in advancing green building in Canada. National Members of the CaGBC and Individual Members of our regional Chapters are invited to submit a nomination for the 2016 CaGBC
Leadership Awards. Presentations will be made during the CaGBC Leadership Awards Gala on June 7, 2016 at the The Liberty Grand in Toronto.
The Call for Nominations is now closed. Thank you for your interest. Notifications will be sent to nominees by May 1.
The CaGBC Leadership Awards recognizes individuals and organizations that have made a significant contribution to the CaGBC's mission and goals in advancing the green building industry in Canada.
To be eligible, award recipients:
- are either a Green Building Specialist or Advocate member company of the CaGBC or Individual Member of a regional Chapter,
- have made a significant contribution to the CaGBC vision and mission
- have demonstrated success in advancing green building (new or existing) and/or sustainable communities policies and practices in Canada,
- exemplify leadership and commitment to sustainability and actively advocate and/or are involved in changing current practices and approaches,
- are not current members of the CaGBC Board of Directors and/or have note been on the Board for at least two years from the time of the award presentation,
- are not a current paid staff member at CaGBC National or any CaGBC Chapters and/or have not been a paid staff member for at least two years from the time of the award presentation,
- are well-known in the industry for their contributions,
- can be repeat applicants but not award recipients from previous years.
An Awards Committee will review nominations and select the 2016 Leadership Award recipients.
If you have any questions, please contact Jane Eaton firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Leadership Awards categories are as follows:
- Academic Leadership
- Emerging Green Builder Leadership
- Government Leadership
- Volunteer Leadership
- Chapter Leadership
- Green Building Champion
- Industry Leadership
- Lifetime Achievement