Join us for Canada’s most important green building event.
Call for Presentations opens October 2017. Registration opens December 2017.
Accepting applications for BLC 2018 Program Committee »
Building Lasting Change is Canada’s largest industry event known for activating connections, delivering world-class
learning opportunities and cultivating inspiration and innovation. The conference combines industry education, networking events, business to business meetings and an interactive showcase floor to create a valuable experience for attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and international delegations.
You’ll see that you and your business can build lasting change. Mark your calendars now.
Business, trade and partnership opportunities
for like-minded individuals
and decision makers.
Two full days of top tier education and world class keynote speakers.
Internationally-acclaimed green buildings in Toronto,
the city with the highest number of LEED certified projects in Canada.
Exclusive Green Business Showcase for products
Now accepting applications for
CaGBC’s Building Lasting Change 2018 Program Committee
The Canada Green Building Council is seeking Program Committee Members to help shape and assemble the critical content of Building Lasting Change 2018 which will be hosted in Toronto, Ontario from June 5 – 7, 2018.
The education at our annual event is geared at the intermediate practitioner and regarded as the most current and relevant green building content in Canada. It’s our hand-picked and highly-qualified Program Committee which helps us select the most informative sessions from presenters who best reflect the diversity and expertise of Canada’s green building industry.
We seek no fewer than 20 individuals from public, private, not-for-profit organizations and the academic sector who represent a wide range of technical and professional experience. If you are thoughtfully-opinionated, and passionate about the future of green building in Canada we invite you to apply to be part of this distinguished team.
We are pleased to reserve two seats on the program committee for next generation, green building industry leaders who are new to the industry, recent grads or current students. These individuals will be chosen because they demonstrate leadership potential and can positively impact our program with fresh ideas, creative approaches, passion and enthusiasm. Emerging Green Professionals are encouraged to apply.
Applications to become a member of the Program Committee will be accepted until October 20, 2017. All applicants will be contacted by November 17, 2017.
The committee will be complete by December 4, 2017.
- Applicants must be a CaGBC Member (National or Chapter)
- Applicants interested in securing one of the two next generation leader seats must be an Emerging Green Professional (EGP) Member
- Applicants must be able to make the majority of the scheduled conference calls from December 2017 to April 2018; approximately 4 hours per month
- Applicants must be able to dedicate time to reviewing their allotted submissions; approximately 5 hours total of review time required
- Applicants must be willing to learn and use Fluid Review’s online platform for reviewing and scoring their given submissions
- Applicants must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to commencing the review process
- Applicants can apply to be on the committee annually however, preference will be given to new applicants who possess the qualifications and expertise that best suit the conference’s theme and areas of focus
- Applicants must wait a minimum of one year before applying if they were paid CaGBC staff or a Chapter Executive Director
, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by October 20, 2017
and Showcase Partner