The Alberta Chapter of the CaGBC is the voice of green building in Alberta and the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system. Our members are from all sectors of Alberta's building industry, including architecture, engineering, interior design, construction, developers, building owners and operators, product manufacturers, municipalities and government organizations. Our aim is to increase awareness of and promote interdisciplinary dialogue on sustainable development.
There are many ways to support the Chapter and the CaGBC. To explore sponsorship opportunities, contact Ruby Cole, Regional Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining the Alberta Chapter is easy!
- If you are a current Chapter member and an employee of a CaGBC national member company your membership will automatically renew at the end of your term for FREE.
- If you are an employee of a CaGBC national member company, please make sure your CaGBC profile is linked to your employer to activate your free membership.
- If you are not an employee of a national member company you can join for $100 per year. Emerging Green Builders can join for just $35. Join now.
For full details about the CaGBC’s new integrated membership structure and to join the Alberta chapter, click here.
Membership with the Chapter is for individuals only. Companies who want to join as a Green Building Specialist or Advocate member of the CaGBC should contact email@example.com.
Questions? Please refer to our FAQ?
Alberta Chapter Member Benefits include:
- Up to $110 discount on Alberta Sustainable Building Symposium
- 15% discount (minimum) off all CaGBC education products, including:
- Workshops - to find a detailed list of available workshops in Alberta click here
- Reference Guides
- Study materials
- Discounts off all Chapter events, including lunch & learns / technical sessions, tours, etc;
- Discount off National Conference / Symposium;
- Eligible to participate in Chapter committees, meetings and other Chapter initiatives;
- Volunteer opportunities on green building programs and initiatives.
Professional Development & Networking
- Connect with local and regional Green Building leaders
Eligibility to participate in Chapter committees, meetings and other Chapter initiatives
Volunteer opportunities on green building programs and initiatives
As demand for professionals and projects increases, so does the need to continue expanding your knowledge in order to provide that unique perspective to your employer, your personal business, or your project team. The CaGBC can help you further your career, professional development and general knowledge of Canada's vibrant green building industry. Developed and delivered by industry leaders and subject matter experts, our programs provide expert knowledge, and real-world best practices learned on the job. This gives both seasoned industry professionals and those new to sustainability access to the best, most well-rounded education experience possible - and more!
- The Chapter's committees shape the future of our cities. Connect with one today.
- Programming Committee
- Membership Committee
- Business Development/Advocacy Committee
- Emerging Green Professionals Committee (18-28 years old)
- Volunteer and get complimentary access and CE hours to workshops and events
- Exercise your right to vote for the annual Board of Directors
- Run for the Chapter Board of Directors in our annual General Elections
- Stay connected with Twitter and the Alberta Chapter LinkedIn Group;
Leading Edge Information