The Canada Green Building Council – Alberta Chapter is seeking candidates for the 2017-2018 Chapter Leadership Board. The deadline for applications is February 24, 2017.
Serving on the Chapter Leadership Board is a great way to get further involved in contributing to the transformation of the built environment at the regional level. The Leadership Board establishes regional strategies, initiatives and priorities, and contributes to the advancement of the nationwide mission and strategic goals by working collaboratively with CaGBC staff and the Chapter Advisory Committee (a Committee of the CaGBC Board of Directors), demonstrating strategic leadership, collective decision-making and representing a diversity of opinions and perspectives.
Eligibility and Nominating Criteria
Every candidate for the Chapter Leadership Board must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a Chapter member of the Canada Green Building Council in good standing.
- Reside in the region covered by the Chapter.
- Be willing to commit to the entire term and expectations for the position.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, goals and values of CaGBC.
- Represent a sector of the green building industry (e.g. architects and interior designers, engineers, contractors, developers, real estate managers or tenants, manufacturers, government) or represents a special skillset (e.g. lawyer, accountant).
- Have links to the green building community through work experience and has influence and/or connections with influential community members. Also has willingness to expand existing network of contacts through their role as a Chapter Leadership Board member and a Chapter Ambassador.
- Acts with integrity and respect and adheres to the CaGBC Code of Conduct and Confidentiality policies.
- Has a passion for sustainability, is actively engaged in the green building industry and has made significant contributions to promoting green buildings and communities.
- Has the ability, confidence, and experience to support the Chapter in all its fund development activities including sponsorship and membership drives.
Our Nominations Committee will review all applications against the nominating criteria and select the most qualified candidates to run for election.
Successful candidates will be expected to attend an orientation meeting with fellow incoming members in May 2017 and attend regular meetings and calls throughout the year. The Chapter Leadership Board is supported by a dedicated CaGBC staff member. Time commitment typically includes at least four hours per month for preparation and attendance at Leadership Board meetings (approximately six a year), a yearly Strategic Retreat (one full day session) and four or more hours per month working with committees, or on other Chapter initiatives. Leadership Board members are also expected to attend the Chapter’s key events.
In addition, successful candidates are expected to:
- Actively participate and contribute to the work of the Chapter Leadership Board in a collaborative way and to fill gaps in skills and experience
- Be a collaborative team player who is able to work on the Chapter’s initiatives with Chapter staff and stakeholders
- Commit the necessary time to attend Chapter Leadership Board Meetings and work on/with committees as required.
Potential Candidates should note the following critical dates:
Nomination Period: February 6 - 24
Voting Period: March 27 – April 7
Results Announced: April 11
Individuals who meet the nominating criteria are encouraged to complete and submit the Alberta Chapter Statement of Qualifications and Interest form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 24, 2017.