The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) is seeking one of Canada's foremost
GREEN BUILDING experts as:
Technical Director, Green Building Programs
(Ottawa or Vancouver)
Canada is a global leader in green buildings, largely due to the success of LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), known as the international mark of excellence for green building in over 150 countries. The Technical Director, Green Building Programs, is responsible for the delivery of LEED and other complimentary rating systems in Canada. He or she will ensure the operational effectiveness, financial viability and the technical integrity of LEED and other rating programs. The Director must be confident representing CaGBC externally and capable of contributing to the strategic and operational planning that positions CaGBC as the market leader in green building in Canada.
Our ideal candidate has a Master's degree in a related field; a minimum of seven years of professional experience in green building, LEED and other building rating systems; and, has demonstrated leadership, business planning and management skills in motivating, leading and affecting change. Experience in sustainability areas of the commercial real estate sector would be an asset.
- LEED certification - manage the LEED certification process in Canada.
- Lead a team of technical professionals – direct, motivate and mentor a team of professional s to achieve high levels of efficiency and excellence.
- Business planning and development –development and execution of plans, budgets and agreements for LEED and other programs for operational effectiveness and financial viability.
- New Green Building Programs - manage the development and implementation of new green building standards and tools ensuring alignment with Canadian market needs and demands.
- Represent CaGBC - to external stakeholders, industry and government.
Click here to see the complete job description
The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) is the leading national industry organization dedicated to advancing green building practices for sustainable communities. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Please forward a resumé and cover letter with the subject heading: "Director, Green Building Programs", by Monday, February 15, 2016 to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.