The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) is a nationwide organization leading Canada in the fight against climate change by making Every Building Greener.
We are seeking a dynamic green building professional to expand our operations in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada’s largest market:
Regional Director - Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
CaGBC is seeking an experienced green building professional with demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, advocacy, and operational execution. As a key member of the national senior leadership team this position is responsible for market expansion of green building and green building education throughout the GTA. The Regional Director works with national staff and the Chapter Leadership Board in these key responsibilities:
- Leadership and Strategic Management – develop strategic goals, objectives, annual business plan and budget; advisor to the Chapter Leadership Board; manage staff, Chapter operations and volunteer network governance.
- Stakeholder Relations and Market Development – strategic development of new markets and membership expansion; develop, manage and execute marketing, communications and advocacy programs; represent CaGBC to key stakeholders, provincial, municipal and community leaders at events related to green buildings, infrastructure development, energy conservation and sustainable design and technology.
- Programs, Service Delivery and Fundraising – oversee a high performing staff team in the development and delivery of an annual schedule of dynamic industry programs and events; solicit, cultivate and maintain sponsorship relationships; secure funding opportunities to support strategic goals.
CaGBC offers a fast-paced, team environment committed to strategic focus, professional challenge and personal growth through CaGBC education opportunities. We are a progressive employer offering competitive salaries and benefits, work-life balance, opportunities for career development and an engaging work atmosphere of high performing individuals that drive environmental change.
Who you are:
- A respected business professional within the GTA green building industry
- Able to provide demonstrated results in market development , business expansion and stakeholder engagement
- A creative people manager promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
- The holder of an impressive record in leadership, management, strategic planning, fundraising and operational execution
- The holder of a post-secondary degree or diploma plus five to seven years of progressive management experience in a similar role and/or sector organization.
To Apply: Please forward a résumé and cover letter and salary expectations with the subject heading: “Regional Director – GTA” to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 6, 2017.
CaGBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.