The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) is the national leader and expert in advancing the building industry toward Every Building Greener.
CaGBC is committed to increasing industry capacity through the development and delivery of quality green building education and training to professionals in this expanding industry.
We are seeking a dynamic instructional design professional:
Instructional Design Specialist
(1 year contract – Ottawa)
The Instructional Design Specialist is responsible to provide adult education and training expertise to the development and delivery of green building education. Conducting needs assessments and working closely with subject matter experts the Specialist will utilize sound instructional design principles to manage the creation of highly motivational and effective online and in-person training programs. This position will coordinate the creation of promotional materials and quality assurance initiatives.
Needs Assessments & Evaluation
- Conduct needs assessments of targeted groups.
- Contribute to strategies for program evaluation and quality control.
- Lead the sourcing and contracting of subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Facilitate the development of course outlines, content and resource materials adhering to recognized instructional design principles for online and in-person delivery.
- Establish and monitor course development timelines and milestones.
- Ensure the adherence of course development to recognized instructional design principles.
- Apply the appropriate learning technology to the instructional environment (e.g. learning management systems, web conferencing and discussion forums).
- Oversee the creation and monitoring of CaGBC’s annual webinar delivery schedule and assist with webinar hosting when required.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of instructors for program delivery.
- Coordinate the development of marketing materials for the Education program.
Who you are:
- A respected adult education professional familiar with the design of technical programs.
- Able to demonstrate quality results in needs assessment, program development, delivery and evaluation.
- The holder of a Bachelor Degree with specialized certification in adult education and training, e.g. CTDP; M.Ed.
If you have proven to be a dynamo at motivating, leading and affecting change you may find the career you are looking for with the Canada Green Building Council!
To Apply: Please forward a résumé and cover letter and salary expectations with the subject heading: “Instructional Design Specialist” to email@example.com by February 26, 2017.
CaGBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.